Paul Dinn was responding to a situation on Thursday afternoon when NL Schools sent out a notice to parents and guardians saying “at this time, it is not safe for schools to engage our buses to do the afternoon run home and we therefore believe that on-time dismissal is highly unlikely.”
The Opposition Shadow Education Minister is calling on government to review what happened in Corner Brook last week and ensure it never happens again. Paul Dinn was responding to a situation on Thursday afternoon when NL Schools sent out a notice to parents and guardians saying “at this time, it is not safe for schools to engage our buses to do the afternoon run home and we therefore believe that on-time dismissal is highly unlikely.” Dinn says he’s heard from parents and school staff with concerns over the decision making process that allowed schools to even open given the numerous weather warnings in the forecast. Dinn noted there appears to be miscommunication and a lack of direction about dismissal times, if buses were actually running and what exactly was happening. He says there was no clear line of communication from the Department of Education and calls made went into the vortex of the Ministers office with no reply.
Former politician Gerry Byrne highlights east-west divide in NL with DFO's expanded food fishery
RCMP NL pull over 80 dangerous drivers during Canada Road Safety Week
It's Islaview Day in Deer Lake!
Kruger believes government is willing to work with them to support Corner Brook Pulp and Paper
RCMP looking for information after a break in at the gas station on Main Road in Port au Port
