Last week, NL Housing Corporation issued a statement saying they couldn’t find a successful bidder after the $20 million project went out on tender last October.
Corner Brook MHA Gerry Byrne says the commitment to build 50 new affordable social housing units in the city, is still strong. Last week, NL Housing Corporation issued a statement saying they couldn’t find a successful bidder after the $20 million project went out on tender last October. 32 units on Crestview Avenue have since been demolished to make way for the new modern and smaller units. Byrne says these units will be built. He says the next step is to redesign the proposal request into several smaller projects. Byrne says he doesn’t believe the fact there were no bidders is because there are few contractors on the west coast that could handle the job as it was. He says there is a province wide construction industry and this was not an influence on no bidders coming forward. The new units had originally been slated to be finished next year. NL Housing would not commit to an interview after issuing the statement when contacted by Bayfm news.
TCH will be closed an "undetermined time" in both directions east of Jack's Pond near the Southern Harbour exit
RCMP looking to identify suspects at break ins at cabins and campers near St. Anthony
Sport NL board member Darren Colbourne talks about government's recent $1.2M investment
3 out of 4 scheduled first time cruise ship visits to the Port of Corner Brook are coming next month
Pasadena woman caught at a traffic stop in Corner Brook with cocaine on Wednesday night
